First, the stats:
At his one month appointment he was:
22 inches long (75th percentile)
11 lbs. 9oz. (yes folks, he's almost 12 lbs. In fact, he probably is by now. That puts him in the 90th percentile!!!)
I feel like we are starting to figure each other out. Like Ava, Timmy is not really a cuddler. It's not for lack of cuddling. I feel like with the jaundice and everything else, this little guy has been held a lot. After I feed him and he's all groggy and milk-drunk, I can get some cuddling in. But other than that, he seems to prefer being held in my lap, where he can look up at me, or laying on the floor where he can look around. What I know about him so far, is that he seems to like to observe. Other than that, he seems pretty laid back--not too temperamental, or too willing to smile. We'll see how that changes as time passes.
I hesitate to say this, because I know how fast these things change, but he seems to be a really easy baby. When I see him getting groggy, I can swaddle him up, lay him down, and he, for the most part, will go to sleep by himself without much help. Sometimes I shush him, and reassure him, but he's rockin' it on naptime and nighttime sleep. It's made these couple of days we've spent at home with two not too bad. I'm glad I don't have to shush him for hours on end like I did with Ava. I obviously couldn't do that at this point.
Love you, Timmy. I'm glad you're here.
2 comments:
Oooh his little cheeks are filling out! I'm glad he's here, too! :-)
he looks beautiful :o) Congratulations again you guys. When is Timmy's first trip out to Hawaii? hehehe
Post a Comment