You are two and a half today.
It's amazes me when I see your brother struggling to crawl to think of how far you've come. You've already grown and changed so much. There are some things I miss about that age: you, snuggling into my chest; you, trying out new noises; you, being all simple. But I love so much seeing who you are becoming.
I love hearing your thoughts (they're funny), seeing you move the chair around the house to get whatever you want whenever you want it, singing with you, dancing with you, cooking with you, giggling with you. I like teaching you things (except to use the potty. That stinks). Most of all, I love getting to know you. You are beautiful, my dear. I love your spirit.
Speaking of spirit--you are a handful. Always into something, always dramatic, always ready to throw down if you don't get your way. I believe this is, in part, due to the fact that you are two and a half. I have to keep reminding myself of that. But I believe that your personality, in general, is bent a little more toward stubbornness and, well, passion. One of the funniest things you do at the moment is tell yourself to "BREAVE! *gasp* BREAVE! *gasp* BREAVE!" when you are throwing a fit. It's downright hilarious, dear. I try not to laugh, but sometimes it's really hard.
Some moments you are more challenging than others, of course. It's part of this thing. But you are so, so enjoyable, my love. You love people. You love to talk. You charm everyone. We really wonder where you came from. We know the answer, of course. From a wonderful and gracious heavenly father. He knew that we would love your antics, your fiery red curls, your fiery personality. He gave you to us, entrusted you to us. And my prayer these days is that we would be faithful. That He would do the work in your heart, that He would soften it, redeem it, and all for His glory and your good.
I love you little girl. Even when you're throwing fits. Even when I'm changing the umpteenth poopy diaper. Even if you break my heart. I love you forever.
Mama.
4 comments:
Jill,
I love how you express yourself! Reading this brought a tear to my eye as I remember 2 1/2 for my own children and how I miss those days and yet cherish the amazing grown-ups they are today!
How blessed Ava is to have you & Daniel as her parents!
Potty training stinks. Literally and figuratively. We miss Ava (and the rest of you, of course). Looking forward to Thanksgiving!
Her smiling face always lightens my spirit. Let's plan some fun things for Thanksgiving so we can see more of it.
AW I miss this girl so much!! Thanks for sharing all the stories and pictures, it helps when I'm missin those babies!
Post a Comment