Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tidbits

Last night, we put Ava to bed sometime around 7:30. As always, we gave her a sippy cup of milk, read to her, sang to her, prayed with her, cuddled with her. For the next 5 hours, silence. Then, piercing the darkness at 12:45 a.m, Ava's groggy voice: "Mom! I'm finished with my milk! I'm finished with my milk!"

That was important for me to know.

***

Ava has a really terrible fake cry which she uses to get attention. Last week, she was whining and complaining and pretending to cry. Growing a little impatient, I gently said, "Ava, stop." She looked up at me with her big green eyes and asked, "My crying doesn't work?"

***

This last one is not for the faint of stomach, but too funny not to share. You have been warned:

We have, unfortunately, had to correct Ava about picking her nose an awful lot lately. I try to reason with her, but she insists boogers are not gross. Well, I caught her the other day, and said, "Ava, don't!" As I did, she put the booger in her mouth. "Oh, Ava, that's gross," I said. "It's in my teeth," she replied. "I'll brush it later."

Well, that makes it all better.

No comments: