Ava had a short doctor's visit this morning for a weight check. The good news is that she has surpassed her birth weight. She's now just over eight pounds--which is good because she had lost quite a bit of weight between when she was born and her first doctor's appointment. It made me feel a lot better. I had been a little worried about whether she was getting all the nutrition she needed. The doctor said she looks great, and that I didn't have to wake her up at night anymore. She told me I could let her sleep until she woke me up. This makes me happy, because she has at times slept four or five hours at a stretch.
Warning: this next part might be a little gross, but it was pretty funny. Read at your own risk. When they weigh babies, they weigh them without clothes or diapers. I'll bet you can guess what happened. I took Ava's diaper off while she was on the scale. They weighed her without incident. I picked her up and made it almost all the way back to the table when an explosion occurred. Pee and poop everywhere. Another series of explosions. A frazzled nurse. Frantic search for more baby wipes. I picked her up, so the nurse could clean off the bench, and she pooped in my hand. "Good catch," the nurse said. Ahh... the joys of motherhood. Funny thing is, I wasn't too grossed out by it. I guess I've already started to develop that skill Moms have for not being grossed out by anything.
4 comments:
HA poor Ava...I think that story is worse than a naked baby pic :)
I get to meet her in approx 24 days! Not that I'm counting...no...not at all...
I was there. It will make a great embarrassing story for her in her teen years. Wish I had had a video camera.
Nana
When will the doctor visit pics be on the Kodak site?
Poppy
I'm holding back the puke just reading that. Dads don't have the same mettle that Moms do. Never understood why thy have to weigh without diapers. But from now on, after reading that, I will definitely exercise my patient's right to keep a diaper on my child for the scale.
Post a Comment