Monday, May 19, 2008

The Diaper Game

Ava plays a wonderful little game during diaper change sessions. Points are awarded as follows:

Mom changes diaper without incident (0 points).

Mom changes diaper and you immediately:
-poop (5 points)
-pee (5 points)
-combo (10 points)
-10 points for every additional diaper soiled.

Mom removes diaper and you squirt poop and/or pee everywhere (10 points)
-5 extra points awarded if you get poop on Mom
-10 extra points if you get poop on Mom's clothes.
-5 extra points for every clothing item of yours soiled

I never win at this game. No wonder we're going through nearly two packs of 40 diapers a week.

Update: Point total for this morning is (drumroll, please) 75 points. As a bonus, we had a two foot arching projectile poop onto the wall, behind the changing table and onto the carpet. I think she deserves a 10 point bonus for that.

3 comments:

Dustin Baker said...

I think you need to teach her Go Fish.

Corrie said...

Aubrie was the same way--the best was the middle-of-the-night projectile poops. That always got us hopping. Isaiah's not so much into projectile poop as he is into fountain peeing. Last week he peed directly into my hair right before bed, and I hadn't intended to wash my hair the next day. I didn't, but I kept smelling it to make sure I wasn't too odiferous. I think baby pee is less smelly than adult pee, thank heavens.

Corrie said...

According to your system, it was a 30-point night for Isaiah. But you left something out: points for peeing and pooping in the bath. If the baby poops and you have to refill the bath with clean water, that should be a lot of points.

Isaiah peed in his bath this morning--in fact, it was somewhat artistic, like a Grecian fountain.