Sunday, April 12, 2009

Milestone of Milestones

Ava has been stuck in a rut as far as physical milestones are concerned, it seems. She has been pulling up and cruising around coffee tables and stuff since after Christmas, but she is still having trouble standing on her own. My theory is that her little feet make it more difficult to balance.

Our youth group at church hosted the Good Friday service on Friday night. My dear friend Annie's parents were in town for the week, so they watched the babies for a little while before the service started. When Daniel and I came in from setting up, her dad said, "I didn't know that Ava was walking..."

Neither did we. Neither did we.

Apparently, she got really interested in a toy he was showing her and took three or four steps toward him. Three or four. Out of nowhwere. I was gone for approximately 15 minutes and I missed her first steps. I was very much in disbelief.

Daniel and I did get her to repeat the performance yesterday, however. Three steps completely unassisted towards, you guessed it, a toy. She seems to only be able to do it when she doesn't think about it too much. Or when she really wants something. My guess is with Mena roaming all over our place this week, she'll be cruising by the end of the week. Baby see, baby do.

3 comments:

Amy said...

YEAY!!! VIDEO!!! :)

Nanna and Poppy said...

Can't wait to see her.

Unknown said...

If I had known she had not taken her first steps, I would have said nothing! I promise! I still feel bad about being the first to see her first steps! Me and my big mouth! I can tell you I absolutely loved all the attention she was giving me. You are truly blessed with a wonderful child.