Sunday, July 19, 2009

In the past 6 months...

1. We moved from Kailua to the condo we bought in Salt Lake.
2. We put our condo on the market, and sold it two days later.
3. We played host to Brian, Maggie, Cassandra and Mena, putting 4 adults and three little people in our 500 square foot condo.
4. We went house hunting in Chicago for two days, and decided to wait to buy a house.
5. We returned and immediately house sat in Kailua with my parents for a week and a half.
6. A week and a half later, I went to the Philippines for two weeks.
7. Immediately after I got back, we started packing. Sold everything we could on craigslist. That weekend we sent our remaining stuff on two pallets to Chicago.
8. After that we spent our final two weeks with friends: one week with the Schoenwethers, one with the Allards.
9. We left our friends, and flew to California.
10. We bought a minivan.
11. We spent a week driving across the western United States.
12. We spent Father's Day in the urgent care clinic at the Grand Canyon after Ava and I got a doozy of a stomach bug.
13. I arrived in Dallas, and gave said stomach bug to Addy and my mom.
14. We went to Daniel's house for a couple of days, rolled hay bales, sat on the porch, ate Central Dairy, and gave the bug to Daniel's dad.
15. We drove on the Chicago, where we have (thus far) spent 4 weeks in an extended stay hotel.
16. Daniel found out he was going to India and a week later got on a plane.
17. I flew out of Chicago alone with Ava to stay with my parents while he was gone.
18. We bought a house.

Our fantasy right now is this:

That he'll come home from work one day, and I'll ask him how his day was. He will say, "Oh, normal." And he'll say, "How was your day, hon?" I'll say "Mmmm... normal." And we'll do a little jig.

3 comments:

Annie said...

19. stayed with the Groves in Hawaii for a portion of August. YESSSSSSSSSS

Jill said...

Thanks Annie! I love it! I'm looking forward to staying with you all!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm not alone in my crazy life...miss you guys. Always an open invitation to stay with us...:)