Thursday, August 6, 2009

BOOK.

This is a bit ridiculous. Really.

Ava is enthralled with books. Or perhaps obsessed is a better way of describing it.

Multiple times daily, this is what I see:


As long as she's been sitting up, she has loved to spend large amounts of time flipping through all the books in her book basket. More recently, she has been demanding that I read to her. "BOOK!" she insists. Sometimes she is so eager that she will take a book away from me and shove it back in my face. "BOOK!"

I read her the entire toddler rhyme bible (some 250 pages) at least two times a day. She would insist on more if I would do it. She has incredible patience and focus.

Last weekend, Daniel and I were at his parents house, and she was sleeping in the adjacent room. The first thing I heard when I woke up were these words through paci plugged lips: "Book. Book."

If I need to lure her somewhere, all I have to do is say "Ava. Book." She stops in her tracks, repeats, "book" and toddles my direction.

I'm so glad that she loves books, that she loves to be read to. But her appetite is so voracious that it wears me out sometimes.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Hehe, sounds like a Popp! Mena was the same way at this age - her favorite was a book about baby animals that we read at least 20 times a day.

Kri~C said...

Right there with you! Lillian wakes up, shows me 'Bop' and asks for a book. It's her first request any time I sit down to play with her!