Friday, March 5, 2010

Since we spoke.

So, the due date fast approaches. Most likely, our little guy will be born this month. Strange to think what it will be like to have two kiddos. I'm assuming exhausting and wonderful. I know I can't prepare myself for it, but I'm trusting that God will provide supernatural strength (and lots of help) to get through those first few months.

In the meantime, I thought I would send out an update for those of you interested in what is going on around these parts.
  • Ava and I went to Dallas for a week to attend Courtney's wedding. While we were there, Ava picked up pneumonia. Luckily, we caught it early. We had a few sleepless nights, and she is still not quite back to normal, but she is fine. She has gotten to sleep a lot with Mommy in the past week to keep her elevated. It's been sweet to have her little body snuggled up next to mine--I'm trying to cherish these fleeting moments when it's just the two of us.
  • I had an appointment with my midwife on Monday, and she says everything is looking fine. She checked to make sure our little guy is head down (he is!) and said that I'm about 1.5 cm dilated. That should be the last time I'm "checked" before I'm admitted to the hospital, which is really fine with me. It doesn't really tell me a whole lot about when I'm going to go into labor anyway.
  • I'm 37 weeks, and I feel like I'm 42.
  • I'm having braxton hicks quite often, and I think I've had some very light contractions. In general, I've been uncomfortable. Between waking up to turn over, soothe Ava, and go to the bathroom, I'm getting a little more used to less sleep. As much sleep as I've gone without in the past week, I've still been able to function relatively well during the day.
  • Daniel and I had the tour of the alternative birthing center at the hospital on Monday night. I LOVE it. The rooms feel so homey and warm, and the woman who gave the tour was really encouraging. It is really comforting to know that I won't have to be fighting the staff to have a non-interventive birth. They want me to have one. I'm also looking forward to using that tub. We'll see if I end up with a water birth--I'm not at all opposed to anything that makes me more comfortable in labor.
  • Other than that, I'm just trying to get done all the things that need to be done before Mr. Tiddletwo arrives. Lots of laundry, getting his room organized, getting packed for the hospital, getting things ready for the woman who is going to watch Ava. I feel a little nervous that I won't get it all done, but I guess it'll be alright.
I'll leave you with a picture I took of our Miss Ava this morning, because I know that's what you come for anyway. It's all about the accessories.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Teehee she looks like she's posing :)

Nanna and Poppy said...

You gotta send me this file - I have to have a print of it for my next grandchildren collage.

Praying for you daily.

Mom