Sunday, January 30, 2011

10 Months

As we near your first birthday, I see an intelligence in your eyes that betrays the fact that you are no longer a baby. I love watching you play. You bang drums, unload cabinets, play with blocks, shake maracas, look at books. You think, decide, study. I can see it on your face.

Speaking of, I love your little face. You are a handsome boy. Big brown eyes, long, dark eye lashes, a winning smile, and dimples to boot. You smile a lot, and giggles punctuate nearly every expression. Your daddy and your sister like to giggle at you because they know that you will giggle back. We really can't resist an opportunity to hear your baby laughs.

You're not all giggles though. You have gotten 4 teeth on top in the last month. It's been a little rough on you.

In addition to (and perhaps because of) this, you have decided that your preferred perch is Mama's hip. You will play contentedly until you catch sight of me, then you march (or, the crawling equivalent) over to me, use my pant legs to pull yourself up and scream at me to pick you up.
When I can't hold onto you anymore, I put you in the high chair and give you food. You love food. We started giving you finger food this month. You like anything we give you: tacos, spaghetti, pot roast, vegetables, grapes, bananas, cheerios, anything. When you are done with what's on your tray, you turn to the pocket of your bib. You already eat as much as your sister.

Other new things: getting into drawers and cabinets (giggle), pushing buttons on the phone (giggle), dumping out all the toys at once (giggle), climbing the stairs (giggle).

You are having so much fun. Everything is an adventure for you. I love it. And I love you.

~Mama

2 comments:

Nanna and Poppy said...

What a cutie. Love Skype but not the same as seeing him in person.

Nana

Maggie said...

He's so stinkin' cute with all those teeth!!