Tuesday, January 25, 2011

When Screaming Doesn't Work

We decided last night to revoke Ava's pacifier privileges. We probably should have done it sooner, but honestly, with Timmy around, there have been times when I just needed her to be quiet. And I knew it would be painful, so we have been putting it off.

But starting last week, she's been doing this to every pacifier we gave her:

We figured it's not safe for her to be sucking on something that could potentially come apart in her sleep. In addition, we can't afford to buy her a new one every day. So, we decided to do the deed.

Screaming ensued. I am thankful I am married to a man who is willing to be tough in the face of screaming. He spared me most of the pain by staying with Ava in her room while she pitched her fit. But she was calling for me. Loudly.

"Mom! I want my Mom! MOMMMMM!" When I didn't respond (for fear of making things worse), she turned to Daniel and demanded, "Text Mom for me!"

The girl knows how to reach me.

No comments: