Monday, May 14, 2012
Four Months
Sweet little Genevieve,
You are getting big so fast. I like to think of you as my little peanut, less than seven pounds at birth. When I really look at you, though, I notice how fast you are growing. You are long and chubby (in that perfect baby way). It doesn't seem like it could be true.
It's not just your size that's changing, though. You are growing out of that sweet cuddly infant stage and starting to notice everything around you. Last month, you cuddled into me, as if for protection from the world; this month, you want to be out in it. Until recently, you would still snuggle up and go to sleep on my chest. In the past few weeks, however, you squeal and shriek and grab my hair instead of going to sleep. If I try to rock you to sleep, you generally get more and more overstimulated, so I've just been laying you down awake, singing to you, smiling back at you, and letting you suck your thumb until you go to sleep. You are spirited after all.
I don't think you are as spirited or independent as your siblings; you are very hard to ruffle, very flexible, much harder to get upset. But you do have a VOICE. You only really use it when you are hungry or tired or just in need of some attention, but it's there. I suppose you'll need it around here. Your siblings are not shy about demanding the attention of every adult that enters our home.
You are so sweet, little girl. You smile almost always. I love coming to get you in the mornings. You always look up at me, smile, and wiggle all over. Lately, when I put you up my shoulder, you try to suck on my cheek or my chin. It makes me giggle. It kind of makes you mad. You do giggle, though, when I tickle or you or sometimes when I surprise you. It's always somewhat unexpected, and always fills my heart with such joy. You are a joy.
I love you, little one. I love seeing who you are becoming. I'm looking forward to knowing you better in the coming months and years, but I'm enjoying so much the right now. I'm so glad you are a part of our family.
Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Looks like her sister
Post a Comment