Friday, August 23, 2013

Induction

As I write, I'm reclining in a hospital bed with an IV in my arm, waiting for the kind nurses at Elmhurst Memorial to induce labor for our fourth child.  It's a strange experience for me to walk into the hospital knowing this is the day I'll meet our little bundle (whose gender is yet unknown).  I've always simply allowed things to take their course.  But my labor with sweet little Genevieve was less than 2 hours in duration, and I am Group B Strep positive, which means I need two doses of antibiotics 4 hours apart to protect our baby.  We did the math and decided induction was the wisest and lowest risk thing we could do.  So here I sit.

If you think of it, we would appreciate prayers today.  Specifically, we would appreciate your prayers for:

-A healthy baby!
-That baby would respond to what they are doing and be willing to come meet us today.
-For peace for us. That God would calm our nerves in a familiar (yet unfamiliar?) process.
-Strength for Daniel. That God would grant him endurance today.  He'll need it.

Love you all!


2 comments:

sbdesigner said...

Praying for all of you! Can't wait to meet your newest addition!

Coleen said...

Praying to hear all is well. Thinking of you.