Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

I don't have any particularly profound thoughts to share on Good Friday, but I've been thinking over an article I read today on Boundless. It's a modern day retelling of the Resurrection story. Here's an excerpt:

In the dawning light, John looked again at the Master's grave: the open hole where they'd seen his body lowered on Friday. Beside it, a casket lay open — not carelessly thrown aside, but gently lifted from the ground. The Master's suit, smelling vaguely of embalming chemicals, was draped over the side.

Simon took a deep breath. "We better tell the other guys ... about the Master. Get 'em to help look for the body—"

"But Simon, remember when he said...."

"What?"

"The Master talked about.... Do you think—"

Simon stared at him blankly. "What?"

"Nothing ... I mean — nothing."

"Then let's go. There's a phone at the gas station." Simon turned and strode towards the parking lot.

John followed, but only after one more glance at the gravesite. The suit; just lying there — that's what made him think about the Master's prediction....

I found the whole story very powerful. I hope you all will take a few minutes to read it and contemplate it. You can find it in its entirety here.

1 comment:

Corrie said...

I finally got a chance to read this today--thanks for passing along the link!