Yesterday when I went in for my weekly check-up, my doctor gave us some interesting news. Last week when I was in, she was surprised at how low the baby is in my pelvis--+1 station in labor speak. This week, baby was between +2 and +3--meaning the baby has dropped even further. She also told me that I was two centimeters dilated. All this was fine and dandy until she added that she might expect to see me in the hospital before my appointment next Wednesday. Essentially, Tiddle could come any time.
Now, I feel fine. I haven't had any contractions, though understandably I am experiencing a lot of pressure. And many women dilate early and wait a few weeks to go into labor. I'm trying not to get too anxious about it, because ultimately it's in God's hands. But it was a bit of a wake up call for me. I've been living under this assumption that Tiddle would be late and that I had all this time--that my Mom would be here, if not the day the baby was born, shortly thereafter. That my doctor is saying that I most likely won't make it to my due date has made me both nervous (wondering if I'm ready for baby) and excited (being completely ready to meet my little Tiddle).
3 comments:
Uncle. I guess that will be me soon. Don't let them get you too anticipatory, though. But at least whenever labor begins, you have a head-start. We're praying for you. Now go put your crib together and buy a car seat!!! :)
OK, Corrie is not going to be an uncle. Apparently Uncle Dustin doesn't know how to sign himself in...
Every day I get more and more excited!!!!! YAHOO for tiddle!
Post a Comment