Well, if you've checked today's date and read the last post, you may notice that Tiddle hasn't met the doctor's expectations. Which, of course, became our expectations. So now, even though we're still four days before the due date, Tiddle seems late.
We had some excitement Monday, when Jill called me at the office to ask for a ride home from school -- she was feeling "weird", and feeling lots of pressure. I stayed home that afternoon, reacting to every sound from her, but nothing happened. Yesterday (Tuesday) I was back at the office, jumping every time my cell phone rang. Today I didn't jump. It almost feels as if the moment has passed, although that's obviously not the case.
I'm wishing the doctor hadn't told us to expect an early baby...
7 comments:
Curse the doctors with their wee beady eyes. But you guys should be encouraged that *when* labor starts, you have a big headstart. My advice (aside from Doctor Voo Doo Dolls) is to go buy movie tickets, get a jamba juice, and think about something else. It *will* happen, but the grass doesn't grow when you're watching it.
We know... I am the proverbial watched pot. I have tried not to get too worked up, but it's hard. We've been trying to keep ourselves occupied, but now that I'm home from school, I find myself going a little stir crazy. I ask myself, "Will today be the day? What else can I clean?"
It probably doesn't help when an anxious aunt-to-be calls and asks all kinds of questions :) You know I was thinking, maybe you should just stick with the name Tiddle. I don't think the baby would ever have to worry about a name double. Haha...still prayin for y'all and baby.
Jill,
If you're not already in labor, my suggestion is to cook, cook, cook. If you have room in your freezer, you can put casserole-type dishes, cooked beans, quick breads, whatever. Especially since you have food allergies and it might be hard for people to bring you meals--get some stuff in there that you can eat when you're too tired to cook. Just my two cents.
I hope you three are still doing well. I'm very excited for the much awaited Tiddle to grace us with his/her presence. I know that after months of waiting and preperation ya'll are too so my prayers are with ya'll. Love you guys!
Happy due date, baby Tiddle! He/she must be really comfy! I'm sensing a hint of stubbornness in your child's personality :)
Post a Comment