Ava's most recent development is that she is gaining control over her hands. She is grabbing everything--toys, hair, burp cloths, neck flesh. And what can go in her mouth does. We've had a couple of close calls with poopy diapers left within her reach.
So, today I went to put her down for her nap. I usually lay her on the bed and sing to her, then swaddle her up and put her down. Only today, I'm doing laundry in preparation for our trip. I went ahead and laid her down next to a pile of laundry, not thinking anything of it. I turned my head away--just for a second--and when I turned back to her, she had one of Daniel's dirty sweat socks in her mouth. I took it away and, despite how gross it was, started to laugh. She laughed too. We both thought it was pretty funny.
They say they get sick because their environments are too clean. I don't think we have to worry about that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment