Tuesday, August 26, 2008

OK, OK, I'm Listening

I do quite a bit of reading in the hours I spend each day trying to convince Ava to go to sleep or go back to sleep. Today's reading was Crazy Love, a book that our friend Greg gave us on Sunday. The crux of the chapter I read was that as a whole, people are extremely self-centered and fail to recognize that God is at the center of everything.

So, there I was, shushing Ava, reading, and despairing in my lack of sleep, when I came the following passage:
Your part is to bring Him glory--whether eating a sandwich on a lunch break, drinking coffee at 12:04 a.m. so you can stay awake to study, or watching your four-month-old take a nap.
Think God was trying to tell me something? Perhaps reminding me that I am part of something bigger than myself and the time I spend soothing my little one is just a blip in eternity? That even this small thing I can do for his glory?

I don't know, but it definitely got my attention.

No comments: