Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Few Tidbits

Ava's taken to nodding emphatically again. It's the cutest thing ever. I hope she keeps saying yes to me, but....

She just learned to say her n's. Right now, it sounds like "nananaNAna." My prediction is that quite shortly this will become "no." I think this because 1)Ava is advanced in the strong willed department and 2)because we have been saying no to her a lot. As in, "No, that's not a toy...no, don't pull over that trash can...no don't bite Mommy," etc, etc.

She did bite me today, and I looked down at her and said "NO. DON'T BITE MOMMY," and gave her a little thwap on the lips. To which she replied, "he." As in, "hehehehe, that's funny mom. Is that all you've got? Oh, and aren't I cute when I'm defiant?" We have a child who likes punishment and thinks harsh tones are hilarious. Fantastic.

In fact, Monday evening, Daniel told her several times not to touch the guitar. The third or fourth time she started over to it, she turned and looked at Daniel and waited for him to tell her no. As soon as he did, she smiled and crawled over to the guitar. This is a fun game, you see.

Everything seems to be funny. She walks around all day giggling. At the cat. At a toy. At mom and her funny faces. At strangers. I must admit, her levity reminds me to not take things so seriously. I do need to figure out how to get her to take me seriously when she needs to, though. It will come, I guess. It will come.

No comments: