Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Did I mention?...


Ahh yes, the culmination of our year of transition: We're expecting again! We thought: "Hey this year hasn't been difficult enough, let's have another baby!"

Just kidding. What we actually thought was: "Life's never easy. We want another baby--let's have one!"

We had our first appointment with a midwife on September 2nd, where we got Tiddletoo's first pictures made. He/she (I say this for show. Daniel is convinced it is "he") was 10 weeks along at the time. I am now 14 weeks along, due on March 24th.

After much deliberation, we've decided to give birth at West Suburban Hospital, where they have an alternative birthing center. They have two rooms inside the hospital where hospital protocol does not apply. This means I don't have be continuously monitored and I can even have a water birth if I want to. It's a bit of a drive for us, but we figure that it will be a comfortable place to labor, so we can go in a bit earlier than we would otherwise.

As for how I'm feeling, because that's the first question people always ask: I really had little to no sickness with Ava, but this time I was basically nauseous from sun up to sun down. I didn't have it as bad as some people I know have, but it basically made me want to lay on the couch for a three or four weeks and eat. Which is why I've already gained seven pounds or something like that. It seems to have pretty much subsided, though, so I am thankful. One point of prayer: I tested positive for Group B Strep, so if you could pray about that I would appreciate it. I don't have any symptoms, but it could be a risk factor for the baby. I'm on antibiotics right now trying to knock it out.

4 comments:

Nanna and Poppy said...

Excited we are. Pray we will.

Mom

Jill said...

Yoda you are :)

Maggie said...

Yeah! I'm excited to talk to you about how you're liking your midwife experience so far! That's also exciting that you'll have the option of a water birth - that's rare!
I'm group B strep positive too - I just have to get two doses of antibiotics during labor through an IV - but I won't be hooked up the rest of the time. Bummer...but small in comparison to some complications!
I'll probably be seeing you sooner than later...can't wait to talk about it!

Amy said...

Yea!! I'm so excited!

Maybe since your pregnancy is going differently, Daniel will be right about it being a boy =)