We are settling in. And it feels really good.
The incredible amount of change and stress and busyness in the last year had left me feeling a little lost and, well, unsettled. We have had a lot of fun, seized life with youthful abandon, thrown caution to the wind. But there was a part of me that was awfully tired of being a vagrant. I wanted to feel like there is a place to come home to. I wanted to be rooted somewhere—to have people that love us, to have a place to worship, to have a place to lay my head. I knew it was only for a season, but it has been a difficult one.
Difficult because we have been in between in so many ways. In between homes. In between friends. In between churches. We had said good-bye to Hawaii, but had nothing rooting us in our new home. I suppose this is typical of moving, especially moving to a place where you don't know anyone. Knowing that hasn't made it easier.
But it's starting to feel like home. We've settled into a house that we love, and are looking forward to sharing it with others. We have wonderful neighbors, almost all of whom have offered to watch Ava at one time or another. When we felt like we would never find a church home, it appears that God has provided one that will challenge us, that we can love and serve, and that above all loves Jesus, loves the gospel, and loves community. Things are not settled, but there is hope. And for that I'm thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment