Sunday, September 13, 2009

New Things

This is what happens when I give my daughter a spoon and ravioli.


She has gotten pretty picky of late. The only things she will reliably eat are cheese and grapes. But I have discovered that she eats more if I let her feed herself, even if it does take a hose to get her cleaned up.

In other news:

She is starting to try to dress herself. Putting her legs in pants, putting on her shoes, trying to put on socks. She's not very successful most of the time, but she tries.

Her attention span for books is increasing tremendously. Some of her current favorites are Blueberries for Sal, Harry the Dirty Dog, and the Richard Scarry storybook her Aunt Jen got her. I'm amazed how long she'll sit still and listen to me read. It just can't have too many words on each page, or she get's antsy for me to turn it.

She loves going outside. When I ask, "Ava, wanna go on a walk?" She squeals, "Wokk!" excitedly and runs to the door.

She surprised me the other day by putting a puzzle together. One of those block ones, but still--I didn't know she could do that.

That's all I can think of for now. :) I'll post more later.

2 comments:

Amy said...

She changes so fast! I miss that little girl..

Jill said...

Come see her! Anytime!