Saturday, May 29, 2010

Two Months

Well little man, it’s been two months. They have gone pretty quickly—and yet it seems like ages ago that I was in labor, that I was holding you in my arms for the first time. But, as they say, the days are long, and the years are short. Perhaps because you look back at the years.


I feel like we are really beginning to get to know each other. I think you like me okay because you will almost always smile when you see me (which warms my heart and reassures me that I’m not too bad a mother). You smile a lot now. And coo. And goo. And laugh—not a big belly laugh, but a small, amused giggle. You are extremely cute. Your sister and I often sit and look at you and imitate your noises and facial expressions just to keep you from stopping. We’re pretty fond of you, you know.


You’re also an extremely easy baby. You’re very good-natured, as evidenced by your tolerance for your older sister. She has come pretty close to seriously injuring you on multiple occasions, yet you’re pretty chill about it. You even seem to like her. Sleep (which was quite an issue with said sister) has not been a big deal for you. You go to sleep on your own and take four square naps a day. And while you fight sleep at bedtime (you sometimes take an hour or an hour and a half to drift off, leaving me shushing and patting and walking until well past my bedtime), you are (I hesitate to even say it, for fear that it might end) SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT. You’ve been waking up only once a night for a while now, but last Wednesday night you slept 7 blessed hours. Since then you've been routinely sleeping between 7 and 9 hours a night. It is glorious. I greatly appreciate it.


I think you look like your sister. And you’re chubby. Big-boneded. I love it. Your legs have lots of creases and it’s adorable. You are now 15 pounds, which means you’ve gained 6 POUNDS in two months. You are wearing 3-6 month clothing. You don't look huge, just much bigger than your age. It makes me a little sad, but I love seeing you grow and change. It’s bittersweet. As motherhood often is.


Love you, little man. So blessed have you with us.

2 comments:

Nanna and Poppy said...

I checked out the link. He does look like her at this age.

Maggie said...

Oh my goodness, they do look alike!