Monday, August 30, 2010

Five Months


How is it even possible that you are five months old?

I keep finding myself amazed at all the things you are doing--rolling all over the place, reaching out and grabbing things, putting everything in your mouth. I remember impatiently watching your sister when she was your age. Do something. When will you be mobile? When will you play with toys? When will you sleep? Those were some of the longest months of my life. These are just flying by. I keep saying You're already mobile? You are already playing with toys? You already sleep (mostly)? I suppose that I now have another child to distract me from your every developmental step.

Let's see... other than growing up way too fast (Did I mention that when they weighed you a month ago you were almost 20 pounds?), you are a delight. I am really enjoying you. You are hard not to enjoy. Your squeals and laughter and joy at seeing me or your sister or anyone really are fantastic. Really. You have your father's outlook on life: happy go lucky, always in good humor. I love that. You are everything that a baby should be. Even when you're screaming at me.

I love you, little boy.

Mama

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awwww I love the video!!!!

Not quite sure how you throw a 20ish pound baby in the air like that..mommy workout? ;)

Nanna and Poppy said...

He looks good in red -- and so much older with a hat. What a cutie.

Nana