Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fun-ny

One of the joys of Ava's age is getting to finally talk with her. It's been fun to begin to hear about what happens in her little head--to see her imagination, her sense of humor.

Last night, I lay in bed beside her, and she told me about the daddy date she and Daniel had. She told me they ate chicken, built a castle out of mega blocks, and rode the bus. Of course, what they really did was go to Home Depot and Starbucks. I suppose we'll have to work on truthfulness soon.

Other conversations we've had lately:

Daniel: "When did you get so big?"
Ava: "Sleeping. I was sleeping."
and
Ava: "I got chips!"
Daniel: "And where did you get chips?"
Ava: "From Africa!"

last night at dinner:
Daniel: "Where's your heart, Ava?"
Ava (lifting up her shirt): "Right here in my belly."
Daniel (laughing): "I don't think I want to correct that right now."

and this morning:
Me (cutting a kiwi): "I think these are better than the last kiwis I got."
Ava (sing-songy voice): "Kiwi I GO-OTTT!"
Ava: "best kiwi EVER."
This kid cracks me up. And when she does, she always giggles to herself and asks, "Is it funny, Mama?" Yes my dear one. Yes, it's funny.

1 comment:

Amy said...

AWWWWWWWW she's so stinking precious!!!