Sometimes I look at you and think that you are still so little--so dependent on me, so cuddly. You still look like a baby. But then other times, when I see new babies that are tinier than you ever were, I'm struck by how grown up you seem.
This is a fun age. You still love me with an intensity only matched by your Daddy's love for me, though he has more restraint. You are very sweet; you giggle all the time, you cuddle into my neck, you climb up and sit in my lap. Not much defiance has surfaced thus far, though you have been known to try to push your sister out of my lap. You also have a penchant for yelling at me when you want something; while not shrill, it is piercing. You are nothing if not passionate.
Your second love is food. Nothing can induce said screams like me not feeding you quickly enough for your liking. We were recently at a restaurant, and the menu amused you to no end. You kept pointing at each picture, giggling, and squealing. When the waitress came, you attempted to order a margarita.
You still have very few words, really. You use "da" for a lot, but you seem to know it is specifically used for Daddy. You call me Mama when you want something (mostly food). Still, you are very expressive and communicative. And when you can't communicate what it is you want, you yell that piercing yell that makes Mama move at warp speed, offering crackers, water, and M&Ms; whatever it takes to make it stop. You also let us know where you want to go by pointing and grunting. It's pretty effective.
Perhaps this is why you refuse to walk. You are certainly strong enough and have enough balance to stand ad infinitum, but whenever Daddy tries to make you walk by holding your hands and guiding you across the room, you scream bloody murder. You weigh over 25 lbs. Mama's tired of carrying you all the time. It's time already.
But other than the fact that you don't walk and you don't talk, you're really smart. You seem to have a gift for putting things together. I'm sure that pretty soon we'll see the inverse of that, and you'll start taking things apart. You also really enjoy pretend play. Your sister has taught you to pretend to eat and to pretend to accept pretend objects. I play along too, which amuses you greatly.
Oh, how I love having you in my life, little man. You find so much joy in everything and you give so much joy to so many people (excepting the nursery workers and your doctor, who have yet to see your sweet side). I love you so much.
Mama
2 comments:
You have such beautiful kids. They make me smile.
Nana
I love that pic..he looks like a little Daniel in it.
Post a Comment