But over the past few weeks, the reality of her has begun to set in. We had another ultrasound to check her size (I was measuring a bit small, but they estimated that she is above 50th percentile in weight).
And, because we had our first baby in Hawaii, where it is always summer, we needed some Chicago winter baby type clothes. Seeing these little pink things around daily makes me so excited to meet the little girl that will fill them.
I know it won't be easy, but I trust that God will again provide the strength and wisdom to parent these little ones, and the grace to fill in the gaps when I can't be everything to everyone. I really can't wait to meet this little bundle of sweetness, to have her resting on my chest, sighing her baby sighs.
Ava can't wait to meet her either. She told me that she wants to rock her to sleep and play dress up with her. She will be a good big sister. She drew this picture of "baby sister in Mommy's belly" a couple of days ago.
Timmy might be the only one of us not excited to meet her. I think that he has no idea whatsoever what is about to occur. Even if he did, I think he would have a very rough adjustment. He really likes to be carried. He screams when he doesn't get what he wants. He really likes his mama. You can pray for his little heart. I will be.
2 comments:
I like Ava's picture more. The nurse's picture isn't very good. The nurse can't stay in the lines.
Poppy
You'll be great with three! It's just a new level of chaos. :) But like with anything, you adjust and three becomes the new normal.
And yes, she is very pretty. :)
Post a Comment