Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Goings on.

So we've been around.  But we've not been sitting down very often, and when we have, we've not been of the mind to write.  Many things have happened, and many pictures have been taken of those things happening, but mostly those things have remained unwritten of and those pictures have lived on my camera.  Life is full and good and chaotic.  We love it, but we are adjusting to life with three, and this is one of those spaces that suffered in the transition. 

But if you would like to know, here are some of the goings on of the past couple of months. 

--It didn't snow very often, but when it did... It was beautiful.  This might have been the prettiest snow I've ever seen.  I kept looking outside and saying, "Gosh, this snow is pretty." A constant reminder of how God makes all things new.




--We moved Timmy into a big boy bed, and then into Ava's room.  Within the course of a couple hours, Timmy climbed out of his crib at nap time and made himself a little bed on a spare mattress upstairs.  I figured he was trying to tell me something. I need to make him a headboard and figure out something to go over the bed, but overall, I'm really happy with it.  The kids seem to like being together too.  For now.  :)


--Timmy got tubes in his ears.  After a series of seven ear infections beginning around Thanksgiving, we decided to have tubes put in Timmy's ears.  He was in constant pain, and the infections had stopped responding to antibiotics.  We were also concerned that the constant fluid on his ears was hindering his speech.  We felt it was best to take that out of the equation.  So on March 5th, we went to Northwest Community Hospital for surgery. 


The worst part of the whole process was the anesthesia.  He was very inconsolable when he woke up, until we pulled out Elmo on YouTube.  Other than that, the recovery was very easy, and we are ear infection free since! 

--Genevieve started smiling. She's got a pretty one.  She also coos and squeals.  It's really cute.


--And sleeping! She mostly sleeps through the night now, which is such a relief for this weary mommy.  I may not get a moment's rest during the day, but I at least am getting some rest at night.  At least when I don't stay up blogging. ;)

--And sucking her thumb.  It may not be ideal later on, but for now I'm happy she can soothe herself.  Plus, it's kinda cute.

 --It got to be spring.  It came early.  Everything's blooming.  We don't always have to wear jackets.  It's like living in Texas. 

--We went to Texas.  A very dear friend of the family was very sick, so we took a trip to Texas to see her.  It was a hard trip in many ways.  It is always good to see family and dear friends, but it was under unfortunate circumstances.  We had to say goodbye to her, but were also reminded constantly that we'll one day again say hello to her again in paradise.  We grieved (and continue to grieve) with hope beside her family, and praise God that she is now whole with her Savior.  I'm sorry it happened, but I'm glad I was there.

--We had some fun! 

 "I think my tummy want some sushi."

Riding the little train at Firewheel together.


At the Dallas Arboretum with Nana:







That's all for now, I suppose.  See you in another couple months! (Just kidding... I hope,)

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Sleeping through the night!!! Holy cow!! I'll knock on wood for you! :)
Also, that Timmy is going to be chasing the girls off left and right. (Or not, I suppose.... :/) He's a cutie.