Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Three Months
My lovely little Genevieve,
You keep me hopping, little girl. Which is why your two-month post never materialized. I took your picture, though.
You're a pretty thing. You've started smiling a lot more in the last month too, which makes your sweet little face even prettier. Your smiles are so reliable; I look at you or talk to you and you smile and shriek and squirm. It's precious.
Your whole disposition is very sweet. Aside from hunger or loneliness, nothing much gets a rise out of you.. You love to be with us. Your happy place in the crook of Daddy's arm or on my chest, head tucked under my chin. You lay your head there, relax and sigh. It makes me sigh too. We call you our snuggle-up-a-gus.
You are a very laid back baby. Thus far, you have made your own schedule. You sleep and eat whenever and wherever it pleases you. You still don't nap much in your crib, but honestly, I'm ok with that most of the time. It makes it difficult to get things done, but I'm soaking up this time with you. Eventually, we might have to enforce a little more independence, but I'm not too inclined to the force the cuddliness out of you. I love it.
You're contentment at being held combined with your sweetness and general flexibility has made this transition to three not as hard as it could be. Don't get me wrong, love. It's hard. It's crazy 'round here. But we keep finding ourselves saying that God gave us the baby we needed. He has been merciful to us. You are such a sweet blessing.
You fit so perfectly into our family. Your siblings adore you, and you love to smile and coo at them. They are getting a kick out of watching you grow and change. I am too.
You are getting so big. You are long and chubby (75th percentile for both height and weight), which is kind of strange considering what a little peanut you were when you were born. You are also strong; you are getting better at tummy time every day. You even rolled over for the first time last week.
These months have gone both fast and slow, little love. They have been challenging and enjoyable. It's sometimes hard to make life work with three so little, but I am enjoying so much loving on you. My prayer for you has been that, as I cuddle you, hold you, soothe you, that you would know something of Jesus' love for you. I pray that you would eventually know Him. He loves you even more than I do. Which is a lot.
Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
beautiful girl. beautiful pics. gotta love the north facing window (and lightroom). hugs from denton.
yo bro
Post a Comment