1. My name is Ava Nalani Popp. Nobody can quite agree on what Ava means. It seems to not have a meaning. My mom isn't deep enough to give me a first name that means something. Mostly she just thought it was pretty. And so did everyone else apparently. Maybe I'll go by Nalani.

2. I am 24.5 inches long and 15 pounds. This makes me very fleshy--so much so that complete strangers feel the need to squeeze my thighs.
3. I have cousins! And I just met them for the first time last weekend. They liked me a lot. Especially Isaiah.

4. My favorite book is Goodnight Moon. You might be incredulous that a four month old could have a favorite book (or use words like incredulous). But I do. Just the sight of it excites me beyond belief, which is good because it is a part of my evening wind down routine. Goodnight, my foot.
5. I love to grab things. Especially people's faces. I'm pretty good at inflicting flesh wounds. I think this is very funny. When there is no skin available to tug at and/or shred, I put random objects in my mouth. Most of these objects aren't clean. Oh well.
6. I just discovered that I have feet on Saturday. They are utterly fascinating. Unfortunately, my upper body is long, and my legs short, so I can't quite get them in my mouth. But I try. Mostly, I pull my socks off enough that I can chew on them a bit. They taste better than Dad's.
7. I also just learned to roll from my back to my belly. It's tons of fun, and I do it pretty much constantly. Even when Mom is trying to change my diaper. I can't help it.

8. I used to know how to roll from my belly to my back, but I forgot how. This is a source of endless frustration for me, because although I like to roll from my back to my belly, I don't necessarily like to be on my belly. So I fuss until Mom comes and rolls me back over. At which point I roll back to my belly and fuss some more.
9. I have an incredibly sweet disposition. I charm just about everyone I meet. I love to smile, squeal and laugh. The only time I get fussy is when I'm hungry or tired, and then I'm just trying to let you know what I need.
10. It is this disposition that allows Mommy to put up with my bad sleep habits. I just can't help it. Sleep isn't much fun. I would rather eat or play.
That's all we have time for! Tag! Isaiah's it!
2 comments:
Ava,
I love your personality profile. I'll be looking foward to future posts of the world from your perspective. Maybe you can cover the political debates.
Love,
Nana
Wow! I know babies develop quickly, but I'm amazed that Ava started talking in full paragraphs since we saw her! :) I think this is my favorite post so far!
Post a Comment