Friday, July 16, 2010

Progress


Greetings from the Potty Training trenches!

We've been up to our elbows in... Nevermind. Things are going fairly well (thanks to Daniel's mom's help this week!). Ava's still pretty laid back about the whole endeavor, not seeming to mind being wet or soiled much at all. BUT she loves sitting on the frog potty (because it's a frog, and because we read to her) and she loves getting rewarded with stickers (see above). She had been refusing to go #2, but yesterday, after I let her sit on the potty by herself for a few minutes, she went. And after tons of praise, hugs, stickers, and a few of these, she went again this morning. She still has accidents if we go longer than 30 minutes or so without sitting on the potty and she doesn't tell me when she needs to go, but she will usually go when I put her on the potty, so I'm feeling okay about our progress. We'll see how it goes now that Grandma is gone and I no longer have an extra pair of hands (why don't they give you one of those when you become a mom?)

No comments: