- something new every day.
- bright eyes and giggles in the morning.
- hearing Ava speak in full sentences and sing Jesus loves me.
- discovery
- crayons and sidewalk chalk.
- "Mama, play please!"
- poopiness soaking in every sink, crumbs on the floor, spit up stains on the hardwood, dirty dishes in the sink, piles of laundry, and not remembering the last time I cleaned the bathroom.
- running through the house with a naked (boy!) infant trying to find a diaper.
- not being able to get it all done.
- hiding things from my toddler (and myself)
- Ava mimicking everything I do
- poop. lots of poop.
- unbounded love as I watch my toddler sleep.
- scolding. spanking. loving. praying.
- crazy, protective, fierce love
- joy
- madness
- guilt
- often feeling like my chest is tied in knots.
- weakness. impatience.
- "MaMUH!"
- sometimes wanting to escape (or at least have a facebook break)
- trying not to care too much when she tears apart my mega block creations.
- baby giggles.
- cuddling and reading in the wee (or not so wee) hours.
- Ava screaming while I put Timmy down for a nap. Ava getting hurt while Timmy is screaming from hunger. Ava mischievously grinning as she tears something apart while I nurse.
- hanging onto Jesus (or rather, him hanging onto me)
- pacifier dependence (oh, well).
- collapsing on the sofa at 10 o'clock for a little old school Dick Van Dyke with my love.
- trying to learn to forget myself.
- Sanctification.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Among other things,
this stage is:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love this!
Post a Comment