Daniel and Ava took the train to long-term parking together yesterday afternoon after we arrived home from Dallas. Out of nowhere, Ava began to quote to herself a snippet of the Lord's prayer: "Deliver us from the evil one." She then asked, rather loudly: "Daddy, who is the evil one?"
Daniel, beginning to feel the stares of those around him, quietly replied, "It's Satan, Ava."
Ava immediately parroted back, innocently, but even more loudly: "Is it SATAN?"
I guess you seize the teachable moments, regardless of who may be listening. But there isn't much that feels more awkward than answering a question about Satan in front of a train full of strangers.
3 comments:
hahahaha YES!
El sang Jesus Loves Me very loud on the airplane on our way home. We call her our little evangelist ;)
Have you ever seen SNL's Church Lady skit? :)
Annie--she started singing "Nothing but the Blood of Jesus" in the grocery store a couple of days ago. :) Kids.
And yes, Corrie, that's the first thing I thought of when Daniel told me this story. I couldn't find a good clip of it to link to though!
Post a Comment