Me: Ava, did you have fun at ballet today?
Ava: I didn't do all of the things. I did some of the things.
Me: Why didn't you do all of the things your teacher said?
Ava (with a twinge of shame in her voice): Because I'm not a good listener.
Maggie--Soon you can have a little ballerina too :)
And just so you know, I've not been too hard on her. Mostly we just find it funny. She's a lot smaller than most of the girls, and just seems to enjoy doing her own thing. But at three, I just want her to enjoy herself. :)
4 comments:
That is the cutest thing EVER!
I think that seems like an intense amount of listening for a three year old. She did great!
Maggie--Soon you can have a little ballerina too :)
And just so you know, I've not been too hard on her. Mostly we just find it funny. She's a lot smaller than most of the girls, and just seems to enjoy doing her own thing. But at three, I just want her to enjoy herself. :)
i LOVE her!
It's also called "marching to the beat of your own drum." Aubrie was the same way. And still is. Sigh.
Post a Comment