It seems funny to tell people that Ava is 11 months old. It's one of those ages that gets kind of passed over. It seems more appropriate to say that she's almost a year.
But it's a great age. I was thinking the other day how quickly she's changing. I'm so impressed by what she can do now. She explores her world, studies everything, and learns. I can see her thought process as she attempts to dismantle something or get into something she's not supposed to. I'm amazed at how she figures things out. This morning, she slid the little arrow across my iPod and unlocked it. Not on accident either. She tried it several times until she got it. Then she giggled.
Physically, she's moving right along. We just discovered last week that she could walk forward if we held her little hands. She's starting to try to crawl on top of things, and she's gotten to every cabinet and trash can. She chases the cat all over the house whispering, "Keh. Keh Ca." On Sunday night, she climbed up the slide of a climber without assistance. She keeps us busy. And entertained.
She's beginning to eat table food now. In the past week, she has had spaghetti, rotisserie chicken, and jambalaya. I've just been letting her sample a little bit of what we're having everyday. She seems to be doing fine with everything. No allergic reactions or upset tummies.
She loves books much more than toys. She will sit and flip through a basket of books one by one, studying each page. Sometimes they are upside down, but I suppose that just keeps things interesting. The only way I can get her to sit still while I change her diaper is to give her a book. She is a very active girl with a very active mind.
Despite Ava being very busy all the time, motherhood is so much easier now. She keeps me hopping, but we seem to have hit our stride. I don't have to fight her at naptime anymore. For the most part, if she has her paci, blanket, and a book, she just goes to sleep. Imagine that. No swaddles, no shush-pat, no screaming, no angry words muttered under my breath. I thought this day would never come.
Fast and slow is how this year is gone. It seems that we've been at this forever, but I still can't believe that we'll be celebrating her birthday in just under a month. I'm thankful to God for giving her to us and for carrying us through this year.
1 comment:
It's incredible how fast they change at that age isn't it? It seems like Mena learns something new everyday. She and Ava can be book buddies in Hawaii, it seems like that's all we do all day is read books over and over and over.
Post a Comment