Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Price is Not Right

We've been excited about moving back to the mainland, where houses are actually cheaper than Leerjets. However, it seems that we've stumbled across the one market that thinks it's Florida in 2005. Here's a little quiz: how much are they asking for this house?Put your guesses in the comments. The closest gets a free credit report or something of equally negligible value.

**UPDATE** We have a winner! We've had to disqualify a couple of contestants for trading in insider information, but an honest front-runner has emerged: Amy Popp. She wins a fabulous free credit report from an agency of her choosing. Thanks to all who played!

P.S. One intrepid competitor actually found the listing here.

P.P.S. I don't think we'll be living near a lake in Arlington Heights. I could buy a house in Kailua for that money!

12 comments:

Maggie said...

Well, in Overland Park it would be about $250,000 - depending on if it had a basement. In Prairie Village it would be $300,000...

Nanna and Poppy said...

Maggie stole my guess - Ok - $325,000

Jennifer said...

$450k

Amy said...

I say half a mil!

Dustin Baker said...

$549,900

:)

Brian said...

"Bob, I'll say $300,001" (Sorry Maggie)

Jill said...

Ok, Dustin has it right, but only because I told him. :) So the prize goes to Amy! Congratulations! Redeem your free credit report here:

http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?PageTypeID=HomePage62&SiteVersionID=716&SiteID=100219&sc=669009&bcd=S0000002_htfcr_conB

Nanna and Poppy said...

Hard to tell without any specs. But the chimney looks like two fireplaces. I see a one car garage. I'm guessing 3 bed, 2 bath.

If it's got a lake view, walk out baseement and quartz counters, I'd guess $549,900 too.

Poppy


(http://www.mlsfinder.com/il_mlsni/suzanneluby/index.cfm?action=listing_detail&property_id=07153317&searchkey=5a4d8136-beef-d1f9-2a1e-83467f1e2004&npp=10&sr=161)

Jill said...

Yeah, so I didn't realize it had a lake view when I posted it...

*feeling pretty sheepish*

Jill said...

what's that they say? I think it goes something like "location, location, LOCATION."

Daniel said...

Oh, and the award for best comment goes to...Brian! Come on down!

Maggie said...

Holy cow, that house is crazy nice on the inside too!!! No wonder it is so expensive!