I try to start the homeschool class that I'm taking off with prayer every time. It's a privilege that I didn't have in public school. This morning's prayer sounded something like this:
"Dear Lord,
Thank you for this beautiful day and for bringing us here together. Help us to learn, to have good attitudes, and help my baby to go to sleep quickly.
Bye.
I mean, Amen."
2 comments:
On the topic of prayers gone wrong. My good friend Ryan Ade was praying once on an inner-city mission trip after an evening Bible study. It was a group of about 20 people, and he started the prayer exactly like this:
"Dear Lord, thank you for this day and for all the booty.... beauty. I mean, beauty. B E A U T Y." Etc., etc.
So it could have been worse.
Bye.
And that was your brother, not your sister-in-law
Dustin
Post a Comment