Thursday, September 11, 2008

Stove Privileges

I believe that when you become a Mom, you ought to have your stove privileges revoked for at least six months. In the past four and half months, I have:

1. Turned the wrong burner on when trying to boil pacifiers. The burner I turned on had the glass lid to my large skillet over it. The glass got extremely hot, and exploded in the sink.

2. Left a burner on after serving lunch up and melted a plastic spoon, sending who knows what toxins into the air of my house.

3. Turned the wrong burner on (again) and melted the lid to a tupperware bowl and our splatter shield for the microwave.

4. Immediately after doing this, I turned the correct burner on, and proceeded to let the water boil all the way down and burn the bottom of one of my good pots.

5. Attempted to turn a burner off, but instead turned it up to 8 and burned green beans to the bottom of the sauce pan.

I'm going to burn the house down. And kill us all.

2 comments:

Dustin Baker said...

Jill, I've been doing this stuff my entire adult life with no excuses. Have you considered it might be a genetic defect?

:-)

Jill said...

True... I have been known to do this kind of thing in the past. I think it comes from the Baker line (no offense Dad).

But it has increased in frequency. Poor Daniel. He keeps saying, "Will you *please* make sure you don't burn the house down?"