Wednesday, October 8, 2008

That Darn Cat

I would punish the cat if he knew what he was being punished for. Maybe I'll punish him anyway.

Cats just do their own thing. It's maddening sometimes. You tell them not to do something. They do it anyway. You remove them from somewhere they shouldn't be. They go right back. They sense exactly where they shouldn't be and that is where you find them.

Ava didn't go to sleep this morning before I left for class. Heide, whose twin boys I have in my algebra class, has been watching Ava while I'm teaching. This morning, she very patiently patted Ava until she was almost asleep. Then...

Kitty unexpectedly jumped into the crib. Heide had left the door cracked so as not to make noise when she left. The cat pushed open the door and jumped into the crib. Of course, large black-and-white furry object was extremely interesting to my little girl. More interesting than dreamland.

She took about a 10 minute nap in the stroller after that. It's going to be a fun day.

No comments: