I'm sure you've been wondering. I realize that I've been using this blog to vent. It helps to know that you all are reading, and that I'm not alone. This is life right now. Ups and downs. Frustrations and joys.
There are so many fun things about this age. I want to make sure to celebrate those things, and not get too caught up in mornings that went like this one. So here are some great things about having a six month old in no particular order:
1. She's such a great size. She still cuddles up next to you when you hold her, but she is also sturdy enough that you don't have to worry too much about her head flopping from one side to the other.
2. It's fun to toss her up in the air. She loves this and lets out little squeals of delight.
3. She's ticklish, and giggles a little when you kiss the side of her neck and run your fingers across her belly.
4. She knows us and prefers us to other people. When I return from class or when Daniel comes home from work, she is just so excited to see us. She flashes us the biggest smile you've ever seen.
5. She loves peekaboo. I often hide behind a chair and pop out from various places. She strains her neck to see me and giggles when she does.
6. She is extremely interested in the cat, and tries to grab him as he passes by. (He generally tolerates this--good kitty).
7. She loves to see herself in the mirror. She smiles, coos, and makes faces and little noises. Vanity is adorable in a six-month-old.
8. She entertains herself by rolling all over the place and grabbing objects at will. It makes me laugh when I discover her some place other than where I put her. Like she is some little ninja baby.
9. Even though she's stubborn, she can't talk yet. Which means that when she screams, it doesn't come out "I HATE YOU- WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?" I think parenting would be a lot more demoralizing if she could talk.
10. She is getting more and more cuddly, especially in the mornings. She puts her head on my chest, just rests there, and sighs her happy baby sigh.
So there you have it. It's not all bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment