Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This Morning

It has really been challenging to teach this Algebra II class for the homeschoolers at church. So far, the planning hasn't been that overwhelming, as I've been able to use many of the resources from previous years. The hard thing has been getting to church for it by 8:30. I wish I had known what I know now before I agreed to have it at that the time. Ava is just not been willing to go to sleep before I leave. The inconsistency has really taken a toll on both of us.

This morning was particularly bad. Granted, we both survived. Here's how it played out.

6:05--Ava wakes me up (she typically sleeps until 7, so I am able to get up, shower, and pump for the bottle she will take while I'm gone).
6:10--I decide to get her up for the day, hoping that she will then go to sleep before I leave with plenty of time to spare for me to shower and pump (Ha!).
6:15--Feed her.
6:20--Daniel leaves to catch the bus.
7:00--Finish feeding. Grab some breakfast, run bathwater so I can just slip into the bath after she falls asleep.
7:15--Read a few books so she will wind down. She begins to yawn. I change her diaper, swaddle her up and put her down.
7:20--Fussing
7:30--Large poop. Oh boy. It's over. Unswaddle, change diaper again, swaddle her and put her back down.
7:45--Another large poop. Pick her up. Find her smiling (proud of herself!) Change the diaper again, put her back down.
7:55--Realize I have done nothing to get ready. Leave her crying in the crib so I can at least pump the bottle which she will need before I return. Dunk my head in the bathwater to wet my hair down. Comb out tangles. Begin to pump. Call Daniel in tears.
8:05--Next door neighbor knocks on the door the door to give me the keys to the van she has agreed to loan me for the morning. Answer, still in my pjs.
8:20--Heide arrives to babysit. She finds me in my pjs in Ava's room, pumping and crying. Throw on clothes and fly out the door.
8:35--Miraculously arrive at class looking somewhat human.

Ava actually did go to sleep while I was gone, which helped. I'm just not sure what I'm going to do with her. How do moms who work full time do it?

No comments: