Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Boo Boos

Thank you for that word from our sponsor. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

These have been an exciting but painful few weeks at the Popp household. Ava has been exploring the outer limits of her mobility. She sits up all by herself and can pretty much get hold of anything she wants. She especially enjoys tipping over the trash can and tumbling over to any electronic gadget that is within her grasp. Today she put my calculator in French.

With this increase in mobility has come an increase in bumps and bruises. She rolls off the bed (only once!). She trips over her feet a little trying to get in a sitting position and lands on her cheek. She dives out of the Bumbo and face plants into the floor. She falls forward at the beach and gets a face full of sand (requiring a pretty thorough eye wash and an off-hours call to the pediatrician). It has been a hard month her. And for me.

A lot of times, I forget that she is still learning. That she can very easily fall. I feel pretty terrible when it happens. Sometimes I'm sitting right there and I can't get to her in time. You probably think I'm a terrible parent. I'm learning that falling comes with learning. I try to prevent it, and I comfort her when it happens.

It's a hard process, but she has emerged on the other side of it able to do this:

1 comment:

Corrie said...

That girl is a go-getter. Watch out, world, here she comes! Do they sign babies up for rugby?