Monday, November 10, 2008

It Starts....

All of a sudden, Ava is mobile. She can get pretty much wherever she wants. She has been rolling around the house for a month or so now, but just recently, she has begun rotating and scooting backwards. I used to be able to leave her looking contentedly up at her baby gym, but lately, as soon as I turn my back, she is into something she shouldn't be. I have recently found her chewing on the leg of one of our chairs and this morning I found her under the futon.

We have been packing and unpacking for the past few days, which has meant a lot of items have been strewn about the floor. She still loves to grab things and put them in her mouth, so it has gone something like this: She sees a shoe, and goes for it. I move the shoe, she goes for Daniel's tie. I move the tie, and she goes for the bag of dirty diapers sitting on the floor. And so on. She must think I'm the least fun mom ever for taking away all of her toys.

She's been pushing up off her belly for a week or two now. She looked like she was doing a female push up. Just this weekend, she was able to get up on all fours with her knees under her and start rocking back and forth. She was also trying to move one leg forward, but having a little harder time with that. I think she may be crawling around soon, but time will tell. She seems to be enjoying herself. At any rate, baby proofing must begin in earnest.

3 comments:

Brian said...

And the fun begins! :)

Annie said...

oh for crying out loud. you've got a super baby. mine's up to do this soon as well (though not for another month or so I'm sure). gotta admit - a bit nervous....

Jill said...

Annie,

I think that *you* are the one with the super baby. Rolling over at two weeks, or whatever it was, is just the beginning. You are going to find her on top of the refrigerator or something at 8 months. She's already much more mobile than Ava was at that age. Just hold onto your hat...