We arrived home from Berkeley about noon today (we had a great trip--more on that in another post). We were all pretty exhausted, which for one of us in particular, makes it much harder to sleep. I put Ava down for a nap, and she woke up about 45 minutes later. I got up, put the paci in her mouth, and laid down to finish my nap in her bedroom. I was so tired that I had this very vivid dream about walking into my house and finding 10 dogs that belonged to other people, including the Rottweiler that lives down the street and growls like it wants to eat me every time I pass by (which I believe, in my dream, was wearing a pink t-shirt. Go figure). I was trying to find all the phone numbers for their owners without a dog fight breaking out in my living room. It was all very involved.
When I awoke from this very bizarre dream, I found my little girl, lying on the bed next to me, eating. No idea when or how she got there. I suppose I must have had something to do with it, but as much as I rack my brain, I cannot remember getting up to get her or starting to feed her. But there we were, both sound asleep, her eating, me trying to avoid being eaten by dogs.
When I told him, Daniel asked me when my mommy license was up for renewal, and advised me that I shouldn't tell them about that. I don't think I will. I'll just post it to my blog.
1 comment:
you. are. kidding!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness! how did that happen?!?!! although, i frequently get nervous in the middle of the night that i forgot to put ellie back in the crib after nursing her and get awful visions of jd squishing her. it's all so horrible. this one's going in the book.
Post a Comment